London, Greater London (Hybrid)
Permanent, Part-time (28 hours per week, 4 days)
Ashiana Network is currently seeking a qualified and experienced female counsellor to join our team. As a female-led organisation, we are committed to supporting women and girls from South Asian backgrounds who have experienced domestic and sexual violence.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised professional counselling qualification within one of the therapeutic disciplines
- BACP accredited or working towards accreditation
- Must be Member of a recognised therapeutic body (e.g., BACP, UKCP)
- At least two years' post-qualification experience of working within women and girls in a therapeutic setting
- 250 hours of clinical experience
- Ability to provide counselling in at least one South Asian language
- Experience of working from a trauma focused model
- At least two years' experience of supporting women and girls, particularly those who have experienced domestic violence e.g., physical, or sexual abuse including childhood sexual abuse.
- Experience of working with the diverse communities
- Experience of group work
- Knowledge of women with multiple disadvantages & complex needs
- Knowledge of a range of therapeutic models of intervention
- Sound understanding about domestic violence
How to Apply:
To request an application form, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.